The questionnaire has two purposes:
1. To recognise key Mediterranean species (see IMAGE section)
2. To collect data on the presence and abundance of Mediterranean key species (see QUESTIONNAIRE section)
The organisms represented in the questionnaire (3 plants and 41 animals) will give an accurate picture on the environmental quality of the Mediterranean Sea. The organisms in the questionnaire are common, easy to recognise in the Mediterranean Sea and cover a broad spectrum of species (from algae to predators). These characteristics make DUEproject tasks realistic and achievable for everybody.
The questionnaires, competed by divers, will be sent to the University of Bologna.
Mass media and social networks are a key part of DUEproject. Its contribution are the following:
– To reach a broad audience and encourage people to participate
– To communicate the results, to help shape a sensible public opinion in order to influence authorities and policy-makers to take action
See what people say about us and join the conversation.
View our press release
Follow us on Facebook!
Sea Sentinels recruitment is now open! Get involved
– To reveal a possible shift in Mediterranean Sea biodiversity driven by human activities and climate change in the past decade (the results will be compared with a previous monitoring project Divers for the Environment, 2002-2005)
– To minimise human impact on the marine environment through the involvement and education of citizens
– To provide local authorities with best-practice recommendations improving marine resources management